Monday, April 3, 2023

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight away. Later, I started to notice that a lot of people were using this song for tribute videos of horror movies like Carrie’s 2013 remake or MTV’s Scream show, probably because the lyrics fit perfectly in with such a villainous theme and its whole imagery. Even I used the song for a tribute video I made myself for the movie The Witch. The truth is that the entire album, mostly composed by electronic pop/rocker mid-tempos, denotes a clear atmospheric and mysterious aura, not only in the lyrics but also in terms of sound, without stopping to be satisfactorily catchy and harmonic at the same time. The singer possesses a stunningly beautiful voice. It has not an extremely recognizable tone, though, but sounds very strong and present in the whole recording of the main vocals and the backing ones as well. Generally speaking, the songs are all pretty similar, so that could be considered a contra, but if you really like this type of music, you will undoubtedly enjoy all of them equally. So sad they have no music videos for any of the songs or, at least, I haven’t found them on youtube, but I highly recommend the lyric videos, which are all very cool.

Favorite songs: The Devil Within, Can’t Sleep, Can’t Breathe, Still Here, Where The Lonely Ones Roam, Bad Intentions, and Come Crashing




No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...