Sunday, January 21, 2018

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (PJ Harvey - Stories from the city, stories from the sea)

I remember buying this album in Carrer Tallers after having just moved to Barcelona when I was 18 and it was one of the greatest surprises of my life. I had only listened to White Chalk before, which was a very different album, kinda slow, so I didn’t expect something so rocker when I started listening to Stories from the city, stories from the sea. I was really impressed by the energy of the album from the very beginning and I also remember feeling very thrilled after having listened to the first song of the album, Big Exit, with those rocker guitars and that final line in which her voice turns extremely powerful. 



I think it is one of the best works ever made in music history and each and every song on the album is amazing, they all could have been a great choice as singles. I still listen to the album today and feel amazed by its perfection. The videos are great too, especially Good Fortune and This Is Love, in which she looks very sexy. 

A masterpiece of female rock music!




Favorite songs: Big Exit, Good Fortune, A Place Called Home, The Whore’s Hustle And The Hustle’s Whore, This Mess We’re In, and This Is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...