Thursday, July 19, 2018

THE MATRIX Tribute

Two nights ago, it randomly occurred to me that Straight In Circles Upside Down, one of the songs from the other album, Faith In Chaos, would perfectly match the main concept of the movie The Matrix and I thought that it would be really cool to do another tribute video, so I decided to watch the movie carefully again so that I could do a better job having all the images fresh in my mind for the editing, and I realized that I had never paid enough attention to how great the movie was actually. I had seen it before but I think that now I’ve officially become a fan. I was aware of how amazing and clever the idea behind the script was, but I didn’t remember how creative technically was. The visual language, with all the transitions and visual effects, is very original, I really love it, and it has that science fiction nineties movie vibe that makes me nostalgic, from when visual effects were rather artisan instead of digital. I can see now why this movie was so pioneer and innovative back then, both script and direction are brilliant. I’m really glad to have rediscovered this piece of cult!



It’s been very easy to make the tribute video this time. Usually, when making a tribute video, I follow the frames of the movie chronologically and try to make them fit in with the song, and sometimes it feels as if maybe it’d be better to select the images randomly, but this time they have perfectly matched the structure of the lyrics of the song with the chronological system. I really love the final result and I feel as if the song, which is one of my favorites from the Faith In Chaos album,  would have been specifically written for the movie. Phrases like Disconnect your perception or Bit by bit you’ll find a way to start over new are clear proof of this.


THESIS

I think it’s hard to determine the thesis for this movie. I guess I should watch the sequels to adequately figure out what the main message is. There’s no doubt about the philosophical background of the idea and the concept of perception plays here a very important role. I think the movie wants to tell us about how unknown our brain remains today still and how mysterious its connections can be, so there’s a long way to go ahead and we gotta keep on advancing so that we get to figure out what this is all about.


It is more that remains unknown than what we have already acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...