Thursday, January 30, 2020

LOST IN THE DARK

I feel like I’m trapped in between two worlds, the world we all know and conceive as the real one and a whole different dimension that remains unknown to our senses but yet we all perceive. I don’t know what exactly led me to walk this uncertain path but I do know how I got here… and it was all in me, ever since the beginning I felt something different about reality as if something was off and I couldn’t do anything but to wait and be taken wherever this so-called perception would want to. 

But even without knowing anything about what following this path would mean, I chose to stay in it for a simple reason: I loathed reality and, especially, the people in it. And this hasn’t changed for a single day of my life. It’s not that I want everything to be perfect in some unrealistic way but still can’t help feeling threatened by this lack of empathy we’ve been experiencing until today as a human race. Too much violence and obliviousness about it. I feel as though we had failed. I’d like to believe that something can be done about it or that, maybe, this is part of the evolution process.


Maybe we need to learn to dance in the dark, maybe we need to get lost in order to be found. It’s hard to tell feeling this numbness and pain in my heart. Yet I refuse to keep on blaming myself for other people’s behavior cause no one’s capable of carrying the weight of the whole world on their shoulders. If we all have the power of choice and we all can make the same mistakes, then maybe I should give myself a break from not being perfect. If I’ve been trapped in between two worlds for too long and it’s only up to me to differentiate one world from another I choose to do it. If I once was brave enough to choose to get lost in the dark I can be brave enough now to get out of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...