Friday, May 11, 2018

THE ASCENDING

In view of the non-existent repercussion that the Faith In Chaos project has achieved, I have decided to do things differently with this second project. Instead of waiting for all of the songs to be finished, and having unrealistic expectations about them, I am going to publish each song of the new album on youtube as I go recording them. Let’s see what happens next. The system of the blog will remain the same: I will write about the songwriting process and the production of each song, which will come accompanied by a lyric video and a movie tribute video that has something to do with the message of the corresponding song.



What can I say about this new album? Well, I’ve already written all of the songs, a total number of ten, and the production of these is gonna be more conceptual. The idea behind the title comes precisely from wanting the whole album to be a concept. The Ascending is like a climb but in a spiritual way. It’s a desire of going from uncertainty to a better place. We could call it a transition. That’s why the main idea is that the songs go from dark and sad to brighter and happier as they advance along with the tracklist. Lyrically it’s gonna be more poetic and less visceral and, once again, the messages will be focused on the universe and the mystery of life rather than love or relationships. Musically, it will be less rocker and more melodic, although there’s still gonna be room for electric guitars. With this album, I want to describe a concrete moment of my life: my teenage years when I was addicted to smoking weed. In fact, some of the songs or concepts come from that era of my life, when I was 15 or 16 years old more or less. Part of me became very mystical because of that and, although it all led to a psychotic break that turned the whole thing into a descent, straight to the hell in itself, the idea is to invert the concept and turn the tables around, showing all the learning and turning the pain into something beautiful.

Here’s the tracklist for The Ascending:

1- Into The Unknown
2- Better Tomorrow
3- Nothing Pure In Me
4- The Rose Fairy Tale
5- Runaway From The Mask
6- Here And Now
7- I Don’t Really Wanna Know
8- A Movie Called Life
9- 15 Years In The Dark
10 - The Ascending

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...