Friday, May 18, 2018

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (The Cranberries - Bury The Hatchet)



The Cranberries were my teenage years! If there’s a band that reminiscences that moment of my life, it’s clearly them. They were a perfect combination of alternative rock and catchy pop melodies, proving that being musically alternative does not necessarily mean making a weird sound or being difficult to swallow from the first listen. It’s hard to choose just one album of them because I equally love most of the songs that they have released as well as each of the albums in which those are included, but, in my opinion, Bury The Hatchet is their best. I know that most people prefer their two first albums but I think that, as a band, they acquired their best sound with this one. Dolores O’Riordan’s voice sounds great as always and all of the songs are very well composed and produced. Besides, there’s a concrete song on this album that gets me the shivers every time I listen to it. This song is Shattered, which has ended up being one of the most important songs in the personal soundtrack of my life, just like a cult phenomenon beyond fiction. This song is extremely sad and melancholic, but there’s room for diverse tempos and styles in the rest of the songs, which is also something that I really like about this album, that is pretty versatile but at the same time maintains the essence of the band’s sound. To summarize, an essential album for any rocker lover and one of the most iconic and notorious works of the nineties.

Favorite songs: Animal Instinct, Promises, Shattered, Desperate Andy, Copycat, Delilah, and Fee Fi Fo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...