Wednesday, May 30, 2018

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Jason Mraz - Waiting For My Rocket To Come)


I have to admit that Jason Mraz’s music didn’t cause me a great impression in the beginning. I guess that this was due to the fact that the type of music that he does is not what I would usually listen to if I had the choice, because it’s the kind of happy naïve style I dislike sometimes, in contrast to the sad melancholic or angry type I’m rather used to listen to. However, after listening to one of his most popular songs, I Won’t Give Up, I decided to give him a chance and pay more attention to his works, since I found this song a clear example of what good songwriting is. Ever since the first listen, I loved that song and the beautiful and honest message of the lyrics. So thanks to that wonderful song, I decided to buy some of his albums and one of them is this Waiting For My Rocket To Come which I’m going to write about and which I consider my favorite. This album was the first that the singer released and, unlike the following ones that were to come, which were rather folk and relaxing musically, it has a little 90’s pop vibe that I really love, although it was released in 2002. Still, the 90’s vibe is there. I guess that’s why I like it so much. I think that most of the lyrics are good but what I find most enjoyable about the album is the melodies, which are very catchy and happy. Besides, Jason Mraz’s voice sounds great in all of the songs, proving that he is very talented doing his music style. This is, with no doubt, the kind of album you would listen to over and over on a sunny day in the countryside.

Favorite songs: You And I Both, Sleep All Day, Who Needs Shelter, The boy’s gone, The Remedy, and Curbside Prophet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...