Sunday, March 12, 2017

About the album (Faith In Chaos)

Faith and chaos may seem opposite concepts but, the truth is, we deal with both of them in our day-to-day lives. To me, faith represents everything we cling to in order to keep on moving forward. It represents the beliefs that we all have. No matter if you’re a believer, agnostic, or atheist, believing only in facts is a belief in itself. On the other hand, chaos is about everything we can’t control, our frustration and pain, a representation of the unknown. We deal with these two contradictory ideas inevitably and, though we may act from lots of different angles and perspectives to face the world, none of us can’t escape this intrinsic duality.

Faith in chaos contains 13 tracks of an alternative pop/rocker music style. The number 13 gets an ironic meaning here: having faith in something you're not supposed to, believing in the impossible, turning bad luck into just a superstition. The thirteenth song gives the album its title and summarizes best its spirit: disordered ideas mixed together trying to make sense somehow.

Referring to the lyrics, I think that they are very important in this album. I’m not an English native speaker, so writing in English has been an amazing challenge that I’ve enjoyed a lot since most of the music I listen to is made by American and British bands and singers. Thematically, the lyrics of this album are not about love. I mean, we are always speaking about love in music and, probably, this album is more about love than what I think but, in my opinion, nowadays we tend to idealize the idea of love and romanticism when there are terrible things happening in the world right in front of our eyes and we tend or try to ignore them. I believe that we should focus more on fixing our shit before declaring love so easily to others. So that’s why this album is more vindictive and a little philosophical too, I would say. It’s about existentialism, social criticism, and overcoming, always told from my personal point of view, obviously. It’s also a little selfish and self-deprecating since there are no odes, all of the songs are about my experiences and my relationship with myself. 

Speaking about the music, there are at least four different styles in it. We can find melancholic mid-tempos in songs such as Catharsis or Numbness.  We can also find two rock ballads: The Quest!on and I’ll Be There For You. Then there is an angry and vindictive pop/rocker style with songs like The Wall, Schizophrenic Antichrist, Leviathan, Game Over, Mad in Love, and The Difference. And finally, there’s a brighter futuristic pop/rock that summarizes the spirit of the album with songs like Fiction of Truth, Straight in Circles Upside Down, and Faith in Chaos


The production (instruments, mix, master…) has been made by Marcel Sabater with the program Logic and midi files, taking into consideration the fact that I don’t have a band with whom to record real instruments. All of the singing and the composition work (chords, lyrics, melodies) have been made by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...