Friday, March 10, 2017

About my story

My name is Miguel. I was born in a little town in the south of Catalonia, Spain, on the 20th of June 1990. I have always loved art, especially music and cinema. Art was my escape when I was a child, my particular way of understanding a reality that didn't seem appealing to me at first sight. Cinema, more concretely, was my first passion and what I thought would be my ideal future job, but everything changed when I was a teenager. Music started to take a very important place in my heart unconsciously when I found out I was gay. My teenage years were hell, I was bullied in high school and I started to become more and more isolated as years were passing by. I also became addicted to pott to escape that reality I didn't understand, which had turned completely unbearable back then. When I finished high school, I broke away from my town and headed to Barcelona, thinking everything would change overnight but I was damn wrong. I was studying my first year at the cinema school when I had to suddenly struggle with a psychotic break that completely paralyzed my life and the identity I had built until then. My life was worse than hell, there was no point, but I continued forward as I had always done. After a whole year locked at home, trying to figure out what was happening inside of me, I returned to Barcelona to finish my studies, but although cinema had been my passion as a child and what everyone had designed for me, I just felt like I wasn't going the right way so, when I finished my degree, I started to produce music, my own music. Ever since that and after about 14 years in a row of frustration and general unhappiness, I have had the feeling that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I may not be the best singer, I may not be taking the easy way, and people may not be fond of what I'm doing, but there's no doubt that music has helped me to balance my mind and my heart and this is the most important thing to me right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...