Monday, May 22, 2017

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Juliette and The Licks - Four on the Floor)



I discovered this album in 2007, during the Myspace era, and it meant a shaking great surprise to me. I used to listen to The Cranberries, Evanescence, or Garbage back then and I started to discover new music thanks to the Myspace website, while I was also taking conscience about how necessary music was for me and, more concretely, how crucial these female rocker songs were to me as a means of escaping from reality and all the bullying situation I was going through in high school. This is clearly a rock and roll music album or, even better, a female rock and roll music album. What else can you ask for? This album is one of these hidden gems that deserve much more recognition. Full of energy and spirit, the album contains 11 songs and they all fit in perfectly. If you like Courtney Love or Garbage, you’re gonna love this album, although this one is more classical, without any kind of tricks or crafts. I would say that this album and PJ Harvey’s Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea are my favorites of this genera. They’re both clear examples of how the music made by strong females can truly rule and shake our senses. Better than an orgasm!



Favorite songs: Smash and Grab, Hot Kiss, Purgatory Blues, Get Up, Mind Full of Daggers, and Inside the Cage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...