Thursday, May 11, 2017

GAME OVER

“You were never real, that’s fine with me”

SONGWRITING 

This song went through diverse phases. I really wanted to write something very powerful and overwhelming to express this feeling of rage for a boy who hadn’t treated me very well so, the first part I wrote was the verse and its abrupt melody. The bridge was also pretty clear from the beginning but, after that, I didn’t know how to continue the song, so I started to search into my memories for other existing lyrics and melodies I had already composed in the past and mixed them in a chaotic way, trying for them to make sense and fit in with the rest. Then, I showed the demo to the producer and he wasn’t 100 % convinced about it so, after one of our sessions where we tried to get to an agreement in vain, I decided to change the chorus for something simpler and more effective. He really liked the changes so we proceeded to follow that direction. In the end, the song turned out to be very different from how I had imagined it in the beginning but yet, more effective and coherent undoubtedly! It is not one of my favorites as a composition but I really love the result of the recorded vocals! And I think that the lyrics are very honest and easy to relate to. This song is clearly about a frustrated crush and I would humbly like to believe that it could resemble some of the fierce and furious songs from my favorite rocker female artists such as Anouk or Alanis Morissette. 




PRODUCTION

After these changes in the songwriting were made, the music production was pretty clear. What we did differently, in this case, was to change the key in which the song was originally composed for a higher one, so that the voice would sound stronger and brighter. Some parts were a little difficult to sing but I felt pretty confident that day at the studio and I'm very proud of the result of the vocals in this one. The voice sounds strong and full of character and so do the mix and the master made by the producer. I'd say that this is the best song in the album concerning sonic production.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...