Saturday, May 13, 2017

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION - SHERYL CROW (Self-titled)



The self-titled album of Sheryl Crow was for me a great discovery that I found in one of the small music shops of Carrer Tallers in Barcelona, back in 2012. I used to go there to spend some time trying to forget about how shitty my life was and I bought lots of my favorite albums there. As happened to me with many other artists, I got interested in Sheryl Crow because of my favorite singer Ainhoa, who had written on her Facebook page some of her musical influences, which included Muse, Placebo, Juliette Lewis, PJ Harvey and the mentioned Sheryl Crow, to name a few. I randomly picked up this Sheryl Crow album that day in Carrer Tallers and it clearly was a good decision, for I was very surprised about how good the album was when I first listened to it, right after getting home. I remember that I listened to the whole album in one go because I enjoyed it a lot and I feel the same way still every time that I listen to it again. I must confess that I haven’t listened to Crow's entire discography, mostly her hits and random songs, though I presume that this must be her best album because it’s just amazing. I think her voice sounds great in it and the songs, especially the lyrics, are very relevant even today. Essential for the nineties vibe lovers!

Favorite songs: Maybe Angels, A Change Would Do You Good, Redemption Day, If It Makes You Happy, Every Day Is A Winding Road and Love Is A Good Thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...