Wednesday, July 26, 2017

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Garbage - Version 2.0)


Garbage is an amazing band and clearly one of my favorites. They have always been very faithful to their music style, so it gets very hard to choose one of their albums as their best because all of them are true pieces of art but, if I had to choose, I would say that Version 2.0 is their best album. One of the reasons is that I equally love each and every track of the album. It’s not that I don’t like some of the songs on the other albums, I would even dare to say that there’s not any bad Garbage song in their discography, but the songs in Version 2.0 are really great compositions. They are all very catchy and entertaining to listen to. The production of the album is amazing too. I don’t know much about the subject but I’d say that I love the electronic sounds and the distortions, something very characteristic of the band that gets very harmonic in this album. Then there’s also the fact that these songs were used in lots of movies and TV shows and it brings me really good memories: Sleep Together was used on the trailer of Cherry Falls and the amazing guitar solo of Push It sounded on the trailer of Teaching Mrs. Tingle, You Look So Fine was part of the soundtrack of Queer As Folk… It’s clearly a piece of the cult of the 90s and most of the songs on the album are iconic and representative of that era. Essential for any nostalgic lover of the 90s!


Favorite songs: I Think I’m Paranoid, When I Grow Up, Special, Push It, The Trick Is To Keep Breathing, Sleep Together, Wicked Ways, and You Look So Fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ALBUM RECOMMENDATION (Digital Daggers – Close your eyes)

I found out about this band thanks to a youtube recommendation of their lyric video for the song The Devil Within and I liked it straight a...